This class is only open to VerTac Alumni, active Law Enforcement, Corrections, and Military.
The ability to correctly identify a potential target is critical. Darkness, a weapon mounted light, and dynamic environments introduce a whole new set of challenges.
VerTac’s Fighting Handgun curriculum has been taught to officers from dozens of agencies. See what makes VerTac stand out from the rest.
- 1 Instructor to 4 student ratio to get the most out of your training experience.
In Low Light Fighting Handgun we start with building a solid foundation of grip, stance, and sight alignment. This class will introduce several light/illumination techniques that will focus on weapons manipulation and problem solving that integrates target discrimination in low light environments. VerTac’s Fighting Handgun courses feature realistic and comprehensive training methods, building on fundamentals to create a shooter that can solve problems in real world situations. Students will learn weapons manipulation and fundamentals which will gradually be introduced into dynamic scenarios and exercises geared towards practical self defense and saving lives.
Equipment (you must provide your own)
- Handgun (you must provide your own handgun and ammunition)
- 3 Magazines
- 400 rounds of ammunition total
- Flashlight, minimum 200 lumens (REQUIRED)-contact us for recommendations.
- A weapon mounted light (strongly recommended but optional)
- Belt that can support your equipment
- Holster that can safely secure your weapon during dynamic movement.
- (NO CLOTH or LEATHER HOLSTERS) We recommend the Safariland ALS holsters
- **We do not like Blackhawk Serpa Holsters**
- Magazine pouches
- Batteries for electronics
- Weapons lube & tools
- Hydration & water
- Notepad & pen
- Ear & eye protection (electronic ear protection recommended)
- Personal protective equipment:
- Gloves, knee, & elbow pads (RECOMMENDED)
- Body armor (optional, but recommended)
A class deposit is required to hold your seat, the deposit is non-refundable and the remaining balance must be paid within 2 weeks of your scheduled class date.
Darkness Skill Builder // 7pm-10pm April 12th // Tracy CA