Formerly called VerTac Fighting Handgun. Whether you carry a gun for a job or just for protection, you need to take this class. This class is about learning to fight with a handgun. Read the reviews, VerTac Pistol 1 is an essential and solid core curriculum for those looking to be better and push their skills. Sign up now! Get out on the range and train.
VerTac's Pistol 1 curriculum has been taught to Officers from dozens of agencies. See what makes VerTac stand out from the rest.
- 1 Instructor to 4 student ratio to get the most out of your training experience.
*Students that successfully complete VerTac Pistol 1 get to return for 50% (All VerTac policies remain)
- Over the course of 2 days take the essential skills/foundation and start pushing speed and accuracy with the introduction of dynamic movement, use of cover, shooting on the move and multiple threat engagement. This class includes multiple live fire scenarios.
- In VerTac Pistol 1 we start with building a solid foundation of grip, stance, and sight alignment. We then progress into holster work, focusing on safety, speed and efficiency. We advance up to clearing weapon malfunctions, single hand manipulation, and multiple shooting positions.
- The VerTac Pistol 1 course is based on real world application, featuring realistic and comprehensive training methods. Building on fundamentals to create a shooter that can solve problems in real world situations. Students will learn weapons manipulation and fundamentals which will gradually be introduced into dynamic scenarios and exercises geared towards practical self defense and saving lives.If you are serious about learning how to protect yourself and the people you care about with a firearm this is this class for you.
- Class deposit is required to hold your seat, the deposit is non refundable and the remaining balance must be paid within 3 weeks of your scheduled class date.
- Handgun (you must provide your own handgun and ammunition)
- 1000 rounds of ammunition total /500 per day
- Belt (Stiff belt that can support your equipment)
- Holster that can safely secure your weapon during dynamic movement.
- Ear & eye protection (electronic ear protection recommended)
- No Cloth or leather Holsters -We recommend the Safariland ALS or GLS line of holsters
- No Blackhawk Serpa Holsters
- Magazine pouches (We recommend Esstac Kiwi pouches)
- Batteries for electronics
- Weapons lube & tools
- Hydration & water
- Notepad & pen
- Gloves, knee, & elbow pads (recommended)
- Body armor (optional, but recommended)
Why you need this class